Monday, January 23, 2012

CSW BREAKING: Serious-Injury Crash on West I-435 Near Holmes in South KC-MO

The crash was reported just after 7:30 a.m. Monday morning on westbound I-435 just west of Holmes.




The crashed vehicle is off the north side of the freeway itself- but traffic is being slowed considerably on I-435 west of U.S. 71.


The westbound I-435 ramp from Holmes was closed.




Extrication is being performed on the driver of the crashed vehicle.




That extrication was completed at 7:52 a.m..




The "approximately 25-year-old male driver had multiple injuries was taken to Overland Park Regional Medical Center in critical condition.




The paramedic told OPR that the driver "rolled his vehicle multiple times and wrapped the vehicle around a tree."




There was no report if any other vehicle was involved in the crash that backed westbound traffic up east of U.S. 71 on I-435 and I-470. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for providing this info. As I witnessed the aftermath of this accident on my way to my office this morning, it seemed impossible that there were survivors... I am sending up prayers on their behalf. God bless...

Anonymous said...

Thank God. I too saw the car and did not think anyone could have survived. I'm glad he did.

Groucho K. Marx said...

Thank YOU for reading jennysue1968...

Indeedo on the prayers!

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...