Friday, October 15, 2010

Libertarian Jonathan Dine of Riverside For U.S. Senate

CSW endorses Mr. Jonathan Dine of Riverside MO as the Libertarian Party candidate for the United States Senate.


Mr. Dine's Website votedine.com explains to us why he's running- which I will gladly re-publish below:


Hi, my name is Jonathan Dine and I’m running for the US Senate seat in the State of Missouri with the Libertarian party.


I’ve decided to run for the US Senate because our country is in dire need of a better representation of the people. Current Senators are to secluded in Washington D.C. and are out of touch with Americans.





I want to make sure you understand that I am not a politician; however, I am well educated in many of the political issues which face this country today.


I have created this site to inform you of my views so you can make an educated decision on who will best represent your voice in our government.




The real difference between my opponents and me is they are both career politicians.


I have unique experiences to bring to the table – they are professional bureaucrats. The United States started sinking on their watch. I blame this on partisan politics and the lack of term limits for congress, which has lead to legislative stagnation and all of the power in the hands of a few unjust men.


Republicans and Democrats have strayed from the original purpose of the federal government: to protect life, liberty and our pursuit of happiness.




I understand the vices of our government mainly because I am not a part of it. I see life from the ground level. I don’t look down to see it or have to ask anybody about it. I live it and feel it everyday. I have an open mind and will listen to the people of this state.


As a Senator, I represent you. I am your voice. When I vote on bills or propose legislation, I’ll remember my life experiences and the people I represent, not a party or a lobbyist.




I do not see a devotion to the Constitution from either of my opponents who are running for this office. I see empty promise-makers ready to march in step with their own party’s agenda.


I don’t think either party is serious about reducing the size of government, restoring your civil liberties, or lowering your tax burden.




It’s time to stop voting for the lesser of two evils. Now is the time to vote Libertarian. I truly believe the political system would be better off if more acceptance and credibility were attributed to Independents.


Although Independents won’t necessarily come up with totally new stances, they are more likely to represent a combination of views. An Independent-elected politician would be more likely to think outside the box to generate creative solutions instead of the same old nonsense the other two parties regurgitate year after year.




I truly believe we need more ordinary Americans to stand up and take an active role in government. The career politician has forgotten what life outside of politics is like and doesn’t remember the most important role of a politician is to listen to the people they represent and make sure that view point is reflected in the decisions they make in Washington.




Americans deserve better than we’re getting from Washington. Those currently in the US Congress work to build bridges to nowhere, wage wars without end, force people to buy health insurance, and stuff their own freezers with cash.


Americans are tired of the same old politics and I think voters are looking for a fresh approach to government. They know that with a lot more common sense and a lot less nonsense, we can make our country a happier and healthier place to live.


I’m ready to stand up for my freedom and start reigning in government spending and over-regulation. It’s time to remind our government that WE THE PEOPLE are the rightful masters of both the Courts and the Congress.

Yours in Liberty,


Jonathan Dine


 
___________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...