Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Translation Of Jason Whitlock's "Translation" Of Brett's "Tirade"



O
kay- this isn't a sports blog whatsoever so this is the last I have to say about George Brett's cussing rant in front of a TV camera earlier this week.


Jason Whitlock- the highly-overpaid sportswriter for The KANSAS CITY STAR offered to "translate" Brett's profanity for we citizens obviously too stupid to figure it out ourselves.

Whitlock fixates on locker room attendance as if that should qualify a sportswriter and hey- I too am a city kid- so I know what profanity means.

Lack of education and class.

Also- I have never been in a pro sports locker room AFTER a game- yet I played baseball as a kid and absorbed the game- suffering through the Athletics then savoring the Royals when they began in 1969.

So I like to think I have a great knowledge of the game. No I've never been approached to manage a team because 1) I've never applied for any such job and 2) like ANY job- unless you have prior managerial experience- forget it.

Whitlock needs to also be reminded- the Kansas City Royals are a CORPORATE entity- this "fan" crap is simply to coax paying customers in to satisfy the corporate bottom-line.

Whitlock also needs to be reminded that taxpayers are shelling out more than a quarter BILLION dollars for stadium improvements to both stadiums- effectively a public subsidation of both corporations.

Here's MY (latest) criticism of the Royals:
Last night- a stupid throw by a Royals outfielder ultimately cost us a ballgame. The guy missed a cut-off man allowing a Cleveland runner to advance into scoring position and that runner eventually did score- what turned out to be the winning run.

To me- last night's loss was one of the worst games the Royals have played thus far this season. It appears April was a fluke.

Oh but I- apparently like Whitlock- don't go into post-game locker rooms- so I don't know didley about baseball I guess....
___________

No comments:

Tornado Strikes Monroe LA With Confirmed Injuries

The tornado struck around noon on Easter Sunday. There is considerable damage repo rted in that northeastern Louisiana city of around 5000...